Things to do in Stanley Idaho
Stanley’s geographic location makes it the hub of outdoor recreation in Idaho. Idaho has more river miles than any other state in the nation. Stanley’s proximity to the Middle Fork of the Salmon and Wild & Scenic Main Salmon make it the unofficial capital of the ‘Whitewater State’. The gateway to the Sawtooth Mountains, Frank Church Wilderness and home to the famous Redfish Lake make Stanley a must see for any active traveler.
The number of outdoor pursuits in the Sawtooth Valley rival any mountain town in the west and Sawtooth Adventure Company is THE provider for everything outdoors. Ranked the #1 thing to do in Stanley Idaho, Rocky Mountain River Tours sister company, Sawtooth Adventure Company offers the best in family rafting, guided fly fishing, guided mountain biking and stand-up (SUP) paddle boarding.
Rocky’s top 10 Things to do in Stanley Idaho
- Half Day Fly Fishing School with Salmon River Anglers
- Guided Overnight Mountain Bike Trip in the Sawtooth Mountains
- Stand Up Paddle Board School on the Salmon River
- Climbing with Sawtooth Mountain Guides
- Live music on the lawn at Redfish Lake Lodge
- Half Day Family Raft trip with Sawtooth Adventure Company
- Trailride in the Sawtooths with Mystic Saddle Ranch
- Live Music,good food, cold drinks and great sunsets at The Sawtooth Hotel
- Renting a bike from Riverwear and cruising town or riding the famous Fisher Creek Trail
- The best milkshake in town at Peaks & Perks