What do I need to bring?
Personal Gear List – (What to bring):
We provide everything. All you need to bring is your personal clothing and toiletries. We provide Type V life jackets, tents, camp chairs, laundered sleeping bag and pillow, mattress pads, dry bags for your personal clothing. Below is a list of things you should bring. We have linked “guide favorites”
- Quick Dry Shorts
- Women’s River Short
- 1 Swimsuit or Board shorts
- Sun Hoody
- Rain Jacket– Essential! For rain & splashes.
- River Shirt – Light colored, button up, long sleeve cotton/synthetic. Helps protect from sun.
- Neoprene Socks – Highly recommended on June trips or if your toes get especially cold.
- Pair of River Sandals or Shoes – Astral Guide Shoe Teva, Chaco, Keen. Closed toe recommended.
- Sun hat or visor
- Sunglasses – If you can’t live without them, bring a spare.
- 2 Pair Shorts
- 2 Pair Pants – One should be non-cotton. (Jeans are cotton.)
- 3 or 4 Shirts
- 1 Fleece or Synthetic Jacket
- Warm Jacket or Heavy Sweatshirt
- Non Cotton Lightweight layer – Top and bottom – (Under Armor, Patagonia, etc)
- Sleeping Clothes – Lightweight cotton t-shirt, pajama bottoms, scrubs, etc.
- Camp Shoes- Slip on shoes, or Flip Flops work well around camp getting in/out of your tent
- Trail shoe
- 3 Pairs Socks – One pair non-cotton.
- Sun Block (lots)
- Gloves & Beanie – Nights can get chilly.
- Quick Dry Towel for Hotspring Days!
- Water Bottle – Needs a tight sealing lid (Nalgene).
- Toiletries – Dr. Bronner’s Soap, hand/face wipes, lotion. Preferably with no scent.
- 10 Ziploc bags in various sizes
- Flashlight or headlamp (small)
- Your favorite travel mug – For coffee, tea, mixed drinks and more….
Not necessary…but way nice.
You are welcome to bring Personal items to enhance your adventure – Hammocks, Musical instruments, camera, playing cards, books, small day pack, games, band-aids, favorite snack, favorite sipping beverage, etc.
Our very own, Stanley Fly Shop has a great variety of water bottles, travel mugs, hats, t shirts and more. You will have the opportunity to peruse Fly Shop at the pre-trip orientation.
www.Riverwear.com – Riverwear Sporting Goods store located in Stanley, ID. Call 800-753-4495
Beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks can be purchased at the Sawtooth Mercantile in Stanley.