What do I need to bring?
Personal Gear List – (What to bring):
We provide everything but your toothbrush and smiles, including Type V life jackets, tents, camp chairs, sleeping bags, mattress pads, pillows, dry bags for your personal clothing, and a sanitary portable toilet system- privacy assured.
- 2 Swim Suits – Board shorts and sun shirts work best
- Rain Jacket – Essential! For rain & splashes.
- Gore-Tex shell works great. Can be rented at Riverwear
- River Shirt – Light colored, button up, long sleeve cotton/synthetic. Helps protect from sun.
- Neoprene River Socks – Highly recommended on June trips or if your toes get especially cold.
- 1 Pair River Sandals – Teva, Chaco, Keen. Closed toe recommended.
- Sun hat or visor
- Sunglasses – If you can’t live without them, bring a spare.
- 2 Pair Shorts
- 2 Pair Pants – One should be non-cotton. (Jeans are cotton.)
- 3 or 4 Shirts
- 1 Fleece or Synthetic Jacket
- Warm Jacket or Heavy Sweatshirt
- Non Cotton Lightweight layer – Top and bottom – (Under Armor, Patagonia, etc)
- Sleeping Clothes – Lightweight cotton t-shirt, pajama bottoms, scrubs, etc.
- Camp Shoes – Trail or running shoes work well around camp and on hikes.
- 3 Pairs Socks – One pair non-cotton.
- Sun Block (lots) & Bug Repellantv
- Gloves & Beanie – Nights can get chilly.
- Beach Towel
- Water Bottle – Needs a tight sealing lid (Nalgene).
- Toiletries – Dr. Bronner’s Soap, hand/face wipes, lotion. Preferably with no scent, it attracts bugs.v
- 10 Ziploc bags in various sizes
- Flashlight or headlamp (small)
- Pillow – Your favorite standard size pillow with darker pillow case. (We will provide if necessary)
- Your favorite travel mug – For coffee and tea.
Personal items – Musical instruments (bring at your own risk), camera, playing cards, book, i-pod(with earphones), small backpack, games, band-aids, favorite snack, favorite sipping beverage (no glass bottles), etc.
www.Riverwear.com – Riverwear Sporting Goods store located in Stanley, ID. Call 800-753-4495
Beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks can be purchased at the Sawtooth Mercantile in Stanley.
Make these purchases prior to the pre– trip meeting.